Start Developing KubeEdge¶
In this section, we would cover the below topics
KubeEdge is composed of cloud and edge sides. It is built upon Kubernetes and provides core infrastructure support for networking, application deployment and metadata synchronization between cloud and edge. So if we want to setup KubeEdge, we need to setup Kubernetes cluster (exisiting cluster can be used), cloud side and edge side.
cloud side, we need to install Docker, Kubernetes cluster and cloudcore.
edge side, we need to install Docker, MQTT (We can also use internal MQTT broker) and edgecore.
- Please refer Kubernetes-compatibility to understand Kubernetes compatibility and determine what version of Docker, Kubernetes can be installed.
- Please refer Golang dependency below to understand what version of Golang can be installed.
|Golang 1.10||Golang 1.11||Golang 1.12||Golang 1.13|
|KubeEdge HEAD (master)||✗||✗||✓||✓|
Cloud side (KubeEdge Master)¶
- Install golang (If you want to compile KubeEdge)
- Install Docker, or other runtime, such as containerd
- Install kubeadm/ kubectl
- Creating Kubernetes cluster with kubeadm
If you are creating Kubernetes cluster for just testing KubeEdge, you can start with Flannel.
Check Kubernetes Master Status: It should be
kubectl get nodes NAME STATUS ROLES AGE VERSION kubeedge-master Ready master 4d3h v1.17.1
At this point, we assume that you have completed the installation of KubeEdge and want to configure either Cloudcore or Edgecore
Refer KubeEdge Configuration